The Legging Trend No One’s Wearing Anymore
The athleisure trend goes well beyond a pair of simple black leggings. To gain insight on the industry’s most popular (and least popular) womens leggings trends right now (i.e., what’s still in high demand versus what’s on its way out), we reached out to the experts at Alo Yoga. The celeb-favored brand takes credit for starting the controversial white legging trend (see Miranda Kerr and Hailey Baldwin) and for creating the leggings with the most repins on Pinterest. Needless to say, it’s on top of the industry and a leader in the world of leggings. According to Alo Yoga’s co-owner and CEO, Danny Harris, “Bold, whimsical prints are on the way out. We are still seeing more subtle prints going strong. And what we’re really seeing is the runway trend of street-tough details like panels and distressing going strong based on the major demand for our Moto and Ripped Warrior leggings.” It’s no wonder It girls like Olivia Palermo and Kendall Jenner have already approved the brand’s signature moto-inspired designs.
Scroll down to shop the coolest street style–inspired leggings.
1. Alo Moto Leggings ($110)
Meet the leggings that blew up on Pinterest.
2. Nike Power Legendary Women’s Mid Rise Training Tights ($105)
We love this unusual hunter green hue.
3. Alo Motion Leggings ($110)
The mesh fabric is sure to keep you cool during your next yoga class.
4. No Ka’oi Kina Paneled Stretch-Jersey Leggings ($235)
This brand has the coolest Instagram account.
5. Beyond Yoga Side Mesh & Contrast Panel Leggings ($110)
Everything from Beyond Yoga is incredibly comfortable.
6. Koral Activewear Frame High Waisted Leggings ($139)
The high-waisted hemline makes this pair crazy flattering.
7. Varley Sycamore Burgundy Compression Tight ($110)
Pair these with a cool graphic T-shirt and oversize denim jacket for a post-gym look.
8. Outdoor Voices 3/4 Two-Tone Warmup Leggings ($85)
This matching set is too cool.
9. H&M Yoga Tights ($30)
Shop more stylish finds from H&M.
10. Live the Process Geometric Leggings ($155)
These are sure to freshen your gym style.
11. Ivy Park Colour Block Ankle Leggings ( $80 ) ($24)
Who doesn’t love a stylish sale item?
12. Forever 21 Active Mesh-Paneled Leggings ($20)
More mesh, and we’re not mad about it.
Where do you shop for leggings?