5 Tips For Achieving Your Best Internship Look
Congratulations! You knocked your interview out of the park, and have officially landed the internship of your dreams! Your first day begins next week, and you have absolutely no idea what to wear. You have a few classic pieces that are appropriate for the office, but the majority of your closet consists of faded skinny jeans and other items you wore throughout college.
Don’t fret, we are here to help!
Achieving your best internship look shouldn’t be stressful, it should be fun! It’s your opportunity to bring your own sense of style to the workplace. To start, follow these 5 tips:
[ Also Read: 5 Dresses In The Gayest Prints ]
1. Begin with the basics. It is all about versatility. Blazers, dress pants, and a tote bag are all great places to start.
2. Pay attention to clothing quality. There is nothing worse than a poorly timed wardrobe malfunction in the office.
3. Layer, layer, layer. Offices are notorious for dramatic fluctuations in temperature. Having layers can create a more comfortable working environment for you throughout the day.
4. Add your own personal flair to each outfit. Add a statement necklace, or a chunky bracelet to amp up your look.
5. Determine the appropriate attire for the industry you are in. An internship at the White House and an internship at the local newspaper may call for two different wardrobes.
Now you look great and you feel great! You’re ready to take on your first day at the office. Remember, you didn’t get the job because of the clothes that you wear. You got the job because you are brilliant, hard-working, ambitious and kind. Those traits, coupled with a stellar wardrobe, are sure to bring you success wherever you go!