10 Party-Ready Plus-Size Statement Pieces for Every Holiday Shindig
November is officially in full swing (welp!), which means time is running out to snag the quintessential party-going look. Being the social butterfly that you are, you’ll undoubtedly need a mini capsule wardrobe of after hours-approved statement pieces to survive the holidays in style. ‘Cause — let’s be real — the same ol’ little black dress just isn’t going to cut it for every ugly sweater party, formal sit-down dinner and all-out rager you’ve got penciled in the books. (And turning down an invite would *obvs* be social suicide.) We’ve got you covered with 10 plus-size statement pieces (think: swishy pleats, decadent lace and next-level sequins) to snag just in time for the holidays.
1. Eloquii Taffeta Full Maxi Skirt ($111): Wowza! Go ahead and give this entrance-making emerald taffeta maxi skirt a twirl for a season of hostessing duties, holiday shindigs, you name it. Way more versatile than your traditional floor-length gown, this hero piece can be elevated to street MVP status with subtle accoutrements in the form of a gold minaudiere clutch, a velvet choker or ankle-strap steppers. Play it safe with a velvet turtleneck before turning it up with a come-hither lace-up bodysuit come the p.m
2. Forever 21 Plus Size Sequin Shift Dress ($23): Let it be known: There won’t be any flying under the radar in this sequin mini dress that was made for shimmying on the dance floor and hitting up a holiday bar crawl. Grab a diva-esque faux fur topper and some velvet platform heels for a disco glam look that’s borderline fierce. Pssst: We’re betting this stunner makes a reappearance come New Year’s Eve.
3. Lovedrobe Wrap Front Dress ($83): Girl, don’t back down now. This slinky metallic wrap dress, complete with kimono sleeves, is straight-up magic. In the formalwear department, it’s practically considered the unicorn of the bunch. For a celestial-inspired look that’s so RN, team this snazzy number with dangling star-shaped earrings and extra-plush velvet pumps.
4. Lavish Alice Plus Split Back Cape Dress ($112): When in doubt, ask yourself — WWOPD: What Would Olivia Pope Do? We’re pretty sure this fierce cape dress featuring a split back would be right up her alley, especially with a top-handle satchel and power pumps in tow. While we wouldn’t normally recommend mixing business with pleasure, in this instance, we see no drawbacks in doing so. Team this hero piece with kicky loafers and tights for the office before subbing in some architectural steppers once five o’clock rolls around.
5. Violeta Draped Detail Dress ($100): Playing it safe doesn’t always have to mean plain and snoozy. Case in point: While this gorgeous maroon-hued dress with draped details may not scream crazy GNO, it’s a shoo-in for fancy affairs where you’re not sure about the dress code. Opt for a sophisticated chignon and you can’t go wrong.
6. ASOS Curve Stone Embellished Swing Dress ($98): Part Daisy Buchanan, part flapper girl, this dazzling swing dress requires no introduction. Between the all-over bejeweled embellishments, the throw-on-and-go shape and those scalloped sleeves, you’d be crazy not to add this after hours-approved dress to your going-out wardrobe. Just don’t forget a feather boa and a sparkly clutch for maximum impact.
7. H&M+ Sequined Dress ($70): Pass up the opportunity to sport head-to-toe sequins? You obviously don’t know us very well. Maybe it’s a masquerade ball, or perhaps you’re really just feeling the holiday dazzle this season — either way, this sequined tea length dress is made for the limelight. So much so, it may put you in a holi-daze.
8. Elvi Embellished Shift Dress ($128): Party on with this embellished shift dress that can be admired up close and from afar at many a black tie affair this season. You best believe you’ll be reaching for it once your prized LBD grows stale and you have *nothing* to wear (classic fashion girl conundrum, we know). The mesh overlay and sweet cap sleeves get our vote.
9. Red Carpet Gold Disc Sequin Plus Size Dress ($166): Channel your inner woman in gold (literally!) with this red carpet-worthy frock that packs mega sparkle and charm. While the sequin paillettes may catch your eye at first glance, it’s the sexy low-cut back that puts the va-va in the voom. Round out your evening look with a punchy red lip and some peep-toe heels for a hint of Old-Hollywood glamour.
10. ASOS Curve Holidays T-Shirt With Sequin Sleeve and Holidays Tree Print ($38): A casual holiday office party (or evening spent decorating your fam’s tree) naturally calls for a sequined t-shirt that packs a little extra somethin’ somethin’. Slip this tree print tee right on with your black boardroom slacks and some glitter-flecked heels for an HR-approved uniform that exudes holiday cheer.
Which of these party-ready essentials will you be investing in this holiday season?